Microsoft OneNote has been around for a while now, but it’s not been perfect. There are a lot of issues with OneNote in Windows 10, and some of them are no longer there in the latest version of Windows. In this post, I’ll be going through a few of the main issues you may run into on a daily basis, and the solutions to them.
As it was indicated in this blog post , Microsoft has introduced a major change to OneNote to enable it in Windows 10/UWP (Universal Windows Platform) apps such as the one, for example, in the Store. Microsoft has now fully removed the requirement of opening the app to use OneNote and it’s now available in all apps in Windows 10.
Microsoft’s OneNote is an excellent app for taking notes, and with Windows 11, it’s truly integrated into the OS. It’s an excellent way to get organized and help you remember all kinds of information. One thing not many people know, however, is that Microsoft also provides an Outlook taskbar button that will allow you to launch OneNote directly from your Outlook folder. And, of course, this feature is not limited to Windows 11. It works with Windows 10, too.
Vladimir Popescu Editor-in-Chief
Vladimir, who has been an artist all his life and plays professional handball, is also fascinated by all things computer related. With an innate penchant for research and analysis, and an awareness of… Read more
- Since Microsoft’s official announcement, users have been looking for ways to enable external applications like OneNote in Windows 11.
- Living Tiles, Maths Input Panel, Tablet Mode, Timeline and Portfolio are the features that were not retained for the new version of the OS.
- However, Microsoft has labeled some of them as obsolete, which only means that they will be restricted, but not completely removed.
- To activate OneNote on Windows 11, download the program and install it according to our guide.
After Microsoft announced the new Windows 11, everyone seems to want to know what the latest features of this operating system are, but also what we can expect from the old applications.
These include a new design, integrated Android apps, a centered Start menu, Xbox technologies for better gaming and better support for virtual desktops.
On the other hand, Microsoft has also shared details about the features that will be removed and OneNote for Windows 10 is one of them.
Fortunately, there are ways to activate OneNote in Windows 11 after the upgrade, just follow our quick guide here.
How do I activate OneNote on Windows 11?
1. Install it from the Microsoft Store
- Click the Search tab in the upper right corner, type OneNote, and select it from the list of results.
- Click on the Get button.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install OneNote on your device, and then sign in with your Microsoft account.
2. Automatic loading and installation
- Double click on the downloaded file to start the installation.
- It will automatically detect which version of Microsoft 365 you are using and update your OneNote installation accordingly.
- Wait for the installation to finish as it may take some time.
- You can now log in with your Microsoft account and use OneNote.
Here are two easy ways to install OneNote on your device, even after upgrading to Windows 11.
Want to know all about the detailed comparison between Windows 11 and Windows 10? The new features and upgrade tips may surprise you.
If you have more questions about OneNote or other applications that you don’t know how to activate on the new operating system, use the comment box below and we’ll get back to you.
Was this page helpful? Thank you.
Not enough details.
It’s hard to understand
Contact an expert
Take part in the discussionMicrosoft introduced Windows 10, their latest, greatest OS, with the promise that it would be the most secure version of Windows ever released, and that it would be the easiest to use. They’re right about the security, but it seems that ease of use is just not there. The OneNote application has been removed from the built-in Windows apps, and requires a separate download to use it. I mean, how easy can it be?. Read more about how to use onenote for students and let us know what you think.
how to use onenote for windows 10microsoft onenoteonenote user guide pdfhow to use onenote for studentshow to use onenote effectivelyhow to use onenote 2016,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to use onenote for windows 10,microsoft onenote,onenote user guide pdf,uninstall microsoft 3d viewer powershell,how to use onenote for students,how to use onenote effectively,remove microsoft 3d viewer powershell,how to use onenote 2016