For some time now, we’ve been receiving reports of an Outlook 2003 or 2007/8/2010 or 2013 problem. When you try to sign in, you might get the following error: “The time limit for logging on was reached.”
Outlook 2010 is quickly becoming the email client of choice for many people. It’s full of great features, but the one feature that is causing most people grief is the way that Outlook logs you off when you exceed your allotted time. Now, you can easily fix this problem.
We all get many errors like this one. It happens often enough that we don’t even notice it anymore. But this is not an ordinary error. This error is definitely not a usual error, because it is delivered in a special way which makes this error different from the rest. This error is delivered in a fixed way, and it tells that if you don’t fix it it will be permanently displayed. In this article we will see how this error can be fixed and what is the cause of this error.
Microsoft Outlook has all the features you need to communicate securely and efficiently with your clients. However, it also allows you to add various third-party add-ons that promote quality Outlook operation and connectivity to the relevant software.
Salesforce add-ons allow you to take advantage of Salesforce in Outlook. The integration is completely cloud-based, and no external software installation is required. If you’ve added a Salesforce add-in to Outlook, you should read the full article to find a way to fix the logging error.
Every time you open Outlook, the following error is displayed
The login timeout has been reached while waiting for system resources. Please try again. MAPI 1.0 [000004C2]`
After clicking OK in a message, Outlook freezes.
What are the reasons Outlook has reached the connection time limit?
- Buffer mode: In cached connection mode, Outlook stores an offline copy of the user’s Exchange data. If Outlook is using cached connection mode to a Microsoft Exchange server and is experiencing connectivity problems, it may prevent the user from connecting to the system.
- Outlook is running in compatibility mode: Compatibility mode is used to run applications that cannot be run on the current operating system. If your version of Outlook is running in compatibility mode, this may cause an error message.
- Corrupt Unchanged Data Files: Outlook uses several files to store different types of data for email accounts, such as calendars, etc. These files are called “data files.” These files are called “unchanged” data files. Although they were not associated with the accounts module in Outlook, they can sometimes cause problems when a user logs in.
- Damaged Outlook navigation bar settings file: Outlook stores custom shortcuts in the navigation bar settings file. If there is an error or problem in this section and Outlook cannot handle it properly, you will get the error message mentioned.
- Conflicting applications: If your system has applications that conflict with the legitimate operation of Outlook, they may conflict with Outlook and cause an error message.
- Damaged/conflicting Outlook add-ons: Outlook add-ons greatly extend the functionality of Outlook, but if any of these add-ons are corrupt or conflict with the operation of Outlook, you may have problems logging into Outlook.
- Damaged PST file: Outlook PST file is the backbone of communication, and if this file is corrupt, it can cause many problems for Outlook, including the current problem.
- Damaged Outlook profile: If a user’s Outlook profile is corrupted, this corruption can lead to the current Outlook problem.
- Damaged Windows local user profile: Damaged user profiles can also cause problems when connecting to Outlook.
- Damaged/inserted contents of a temporary folder: Like any other Windows application, Outlook uses the Windows Temp folder to store its temporary files. If the contents of this folder are corrupt or in conflict with Outlook, it can cause connectivity problems.
- Proxy settings incorrectly configured: Proxy settings are used to allow client computers to use indirect network connections to other network services. If your system is using a proxy to connect to a network that is not properly configured, this may cause the current Outlook error.
- Network restrictions: ISPs use various methods to maintain control, but these restrictions can sometimes limit access to your Outlook account.
- Incorrect network settings: Outlook works best with the default TCP/IP network settings. If the network settings are incorrect or different from the default settings, Outlook may generate an ongoing error.
- Multi-factor authentication: Multi-factor authentication is an extra layer of security for your Microsoft account. Sometimes this two-factor authentication conflicts with Outlook communication and can cause problems accessing your account.
- False positives from antivirus: Outlook has been known to conflict with antivirus programs such as Kaspersky, which marks Outlook as a false positive and limits access to system resources and modules.
- Damaged MAPI32.dll file: Mapi32.dll allows Windows to perform various e-mail functions and run e-mail programs such as Microsoft Outlook. If the MAPI32.dll file is corrupt, it can adversely affect the operation of Outlook.
How to resolve the “The time limit for logging on was reached” Issue in Outlook?
Disable multifactor authentication
Some users suspect that the problem is with the login credentials, i.e. multi-factor authentication. If you’ve recently changed your password, it’s possible that Outlook can’t allow the change. Hence the error. We recommend temporarily disabling multifactor authentication and looking for improvements.
- In your web browser, go to the Security section of your Microsoft account here.
- Select Two-factor authentication.
- Select Disable two-step verification and exit the browser.
- Try using Outlook again.
Reinstalling the Salesforce add-in
The most common cause of the Outlook “Connection timeout has been reached” error is the Salesforce add-in. First of all, make sure that you have Dot NET Framework 4 installed. Also, remember that the default Salesforce plugin will be removed in winter 2019 for new users. So make sure you use success tools instead.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Select File.
- Open Manage Add-ons.
- The web client opens. Remove the Salesforce add-in.
- First, close the Outlook desktop client and download the Salesforce add-in from the official add-in store.
- Install the Salesforce add-in and check for enhancements.
Run Outlook in safe mode
To find the exact cause of Outlook Login timeout has been reached error, try running Outlook in safe mode. You can run Outlook in safe mode by following these steps:
- Make sure that the Outlook desktop client is closed.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open the “Run” command prompt.
- At the command prompt, type outlook.exe/safe and press Enter.
- Check for changes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Set your Author Custom HTML Tab Content on your Profile pageThere have been reports of the “The time limit for logging on was reached” problem. This is a bad issue. A lot of people are reporting this issue. It is a very simple issue for the Lab technicians to fix. The fix is easy and simple to implement. If you are experiencing this problem: You have to go into your Outlook configuration and add a new setting. In Outlook 2010, go to Tools > Options > Account Settings. Select the Mail tab and scroll down to the Limits section. Under Current Limitations select the Allow Remote Assistance option and click on the Configure button. Under the Allow Remote Assistance section click on the Add button. Enter the name. Read more about outlook mapi error and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix the time limit for logging on was reached while waiting for system resources?
The time limit for logging on was reached while waiting for system resources.
How do I fix MAPI failure?
If you are using Outlook 2007 or later, please see the following article:
How do you fix Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Cannot open the Outlook window?
The following article provides information on how to fix Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Cannot open the Outlook window.
outlook 2016 timeout erroroutlook mapi errorcomponent mapi 1.0 causedoutlook safe modeoutlook 365 the time limit for logging on was reachedthe time limit for logging on was reached outlook 000004c2,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,outlook 365 the time limit for logging on was reached,the time limit for logging on was reached outlook 000004c2,the time limit for logging on was reached outlook citrix,outlook 2016 timeout error,outlook mapi error,component mapi 1.0 caused,cannot start microsoft outlook. cannot open the outlook window,outlook safe mode