In this post we’ll show you how to repair Microsoft Publisher won’t save files as PDF, Microsoft Publisher doesn’t save files as PDF, or Microsoft Publisher, won’t save files as PDF.
When I upgraded from Microsoft Publisher 2007 to Publisher 2013 a few years ago, I found I couldn’t save files as PDF. I searched for solutions on the internet, but most of them didn’t work for me, so I decided to create a quick tutorial. For those of you who have similar problems, this article will show you how to solve the problem.
In this paper we list five of the most common issues that can cause Microsoft Publisher to not save the file as a PDF when you export it to a PDF file. If you are experiencing one of these problems, you can try the solutions listed in our paper to resolve these issues.
RECOMMENDED: To resolve Windows issues and improve system performance, go here.
Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing program created by the software giant Microsoft. It is frequently used to create documents as a program. People naturally wish to store documents in one format or another because they are usually meant to be read.
Users have often complained that trying to save documents in PDF format in Microsoft Publisher causes issues. When trying to save a Publisher file as a PDF or XPS, users may receive the following error: The file cannot be saved in Microsoft Publisher.
The issue appears to affect many versions of Publisher, however it most frequently affects Publisher 2016 on Windows 10.
Why can’t I save PDF files in Microsoft Publisher?
The warning “Publisher cannot save file” is one of the most common errors seen by most users. When the user tries to save the file in PDF format or utilize the export feature, this error occurs. Another cause of this issue is Publisher’s failure to recognize the printer.
This is due to the fact that printers and PDF files use the same communication language. Furthermore, Windows always chooses the default printer. However, if the settings are mistakenly modified as a result of a bug or a Windows update, Publisher is likely to cause issues when saving your document as a PDF.
Printers have an issue with PDF files because they are written in PostScript. This is the language through which computers and printers communicate.
How do you fix the problem with Microsoft Publisher not being able to save PDF files?
Updated on July 2021:
For your error, we now recommend that you use this tool. This utility also corrects common computer faults, protects you from file loss, spyware, and hardware failures, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance. With this software, you can quickly cure your PC problems and prevent others from occurring:
- Step 1 : Download PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista – Microsoft Gold Certified).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that could be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To address all faults, click “Repair All.”
Setting a new default printer
If you don’t have a printer or scanner connected to your computer, the Windows operating system allows you to print or export documents in PDF format. As a result, you should check to see if the printer’s default setting is different.
- Open the Start menu and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- In Settings, go to Devices.
- Uncheck the option “Allow Windows to control the printer by default” on the Printers and Scanners menu.
- Select Manage from the Microsoft Print to PDF option in the list.
- Then select “Set as Default” from the drop-down menu.
- After you’ve completed these steps, open the document in Microsoft Publisher and select Print from the menu, or press Ctrl + P to print it.
- The option to print Microsoft PDFs will appear in the printer’s settings.
- By clicking on “Print,” you can now save it as a PDF.
Getting the MS Office suite back to its original state
When Windows updates your computer, it may inadvertently conflict with some of the programs and applications currently installed on your computer.
- Return to the Control Panel, choose Programs and Features, then Uninstall an application.
- Select Edit from the top menu after finding the Microsoft Office suite and clicking on it.
- You will be given two alternatives for fixing MS Office in general, not simply Publisher.
- You have the option of picking one and waiting for the repair to be completed.
- Check if you can save the file as a PDF in Microsoft Publisher once again; the issue should now be addressed.
Activate the “Print to PDF” option.
The Windows operating system provides a plethora of options, as well as the ability to switch them off and on, that you may or may not find useful. Also, see if the “Print to PDF” option is disabled by default or has been disabled owing to third-party application incompatibilities.
- Open the Control Panel by going to the Start menu and selecting it.
- Select Programs and Features, then Enable or Disable Windows Features from the drop-down menu.
- A pop-up dialog box appears, allowing you to disable or enable several functionalities.
- You must locate the Microsoft Print to PDF option and ensure that it is turned on.
- Then, when prompted, click OK to restart your computer.
RECOMMENDED: To troubleshoot Windows issues and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Set the content for your Author Custom HTML Tab on your Profile page.
If you’ve been having trouble with Microsoft Publisher not saving files as PDFs, then this blog post is right for you! This is because Publisher is sometimes not saving all of your files correctly. There are many reasons for this, but the most common is because Publisher is having a hard time managing its temporary files. To fix this, we are going to show you how to fix the temporary files problem in Publisher.. Read more about converting publisher to pdf problems and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why wont Publisher let me save as PDF?
Publishers do not allow PDFs to be saved on their games.
How do you save a Publisher document as a PDF?
You can save a Publisher document as a PDF by going to File > Export > Save As.
How do I repair a Publisher file?
To repair your publisher file, you will need to download the game again and then delete the existing files.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- publisher not saving pdf correctly
- how to save publisher file as pdf single pages
- converting publisher to pdf problems
- why won’t publisher save my file
- publisher 2016 won’t save as pdf